The Final Paper must have depth of scholarship, originality, theoretical and conceptual framework, clarity and logic in its presentation and adhere to grammar guidelines. You select either one of the emerging managed healthcare delivery models, Accountable Care Organizations or Patient-Centered Medical Homes, for your Final Paper. The 10-15 page paper (excluding title and reference pages) must follow APA style and contain at least 10 scholarly, peer-reviewed, and/or other credible sources in addition to the course text.
Your paper must address the following bolded topics, which should be titled appropriately in your paper:
- Include an Abstract which is a synopsis of the overall paper.
- Managed Health Care Quality – Address what the selected emerging managed healthcare delivery model has done to improve quality of care.
- Cost Containment – Describe how the selected model has striven to contain the costs.
- Provider Contracting and Payments – Identify healthcare providers’ contracts and payment methods in the selected model.
- Effects on Medicare and Medicaid – Summarize the impacts of the selected model on both Medicare and Medicaid.
- The Emerging Role of Government Regulations – Examine the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) policies in relation to the selected model.
- Recommendations – Include three suggestions for improvement in relation to quality and cost.
The final assignment for this course is a Final Paper. The purpose of the Final Paper is for you to culminate the learning achieved in the course by developing a research paper to address the selected emerging managed healthcare delivery model.
- Must be 10 to 15 double-spaced pages in length (excluding title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph.
- Must use at least 10 scholarly, peer-reviewed, and/or other credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment. Be sure to integrate your research rather than simply inserting it.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined here and here.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style