Aromatherapy Thesis Chapter 2 and 3 | 4800 words
We need 50% of work in our hands when the clock is halved
and the completed assignment when the clock strikes zero
We want RESPONSIVE tutors
We want QUALITY work
If you cannot adhere to the above 3 points, please DO NOT bid for my assignment
Please bid for this assignment only if you can adhere to the following:
• Stick to the given deadline, NO extension will be given.
• Be responsive, communicate with us regularly.
• Send us the assignment progressively on the 50% mark and when it has been completed.
• No copy and pasting work, DO NOT plagiarise. We use the Turnitin system to check for plagiarism, we do not recognise any other plagiarism checking tool.
• No using of fake references. References used must tally with content written.
• Do not take up any assignments from us if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
YOU GET A 10% TIP IF YOU CAN COMPLETE THE ASSIGNMENT BEFORE THE CLOCK HITS ZERO AND IF YOU PRODUCE QUALITY WORK
You are to read and understand all documents first before starting to do the assignment.
It is crucial that you know what has been written in Chapter 1 first before writing Chapter 2, 3 the abstract and content page.
Please refer to Thesis Articles.zip for the 9 articles used for the writing of the thesis in general.
Please refer to Chapter 1.doc for everything that has been written so far. (Will send it only after acceptance of assignment due to privacy issues)
Chapter 2 – Randomised Controlled Trial (RCT) – 4000 words
A critical discussion, supported with references explaining the design of the study. This should include:
- A statement of the study aims and objectives,
- Justification of the approach to be adopted.
- Consideration of the sample size and recruitment issues
- The proposed methods for data collection, analysis and establishing rigor
- Any ethical implications and mechanisms for safeguarding the study participants
Target population: Which constituency in Singapore has the highest number of older adults? To support with local citation.
Setting: Home intervention
Recruiting centre in identifying subject: Polyclinics as can perform paper screening
In the inclusion and exclusion criteria below, to describe them accordingly and to support with citation
- -Recruit older adults age 60 years and above with condition in difficulty in falling asleep or experiencing sleep disturbances. Regarding sleep disturbance, to support with the duration the individual is experiencing it such as: how persistent, how long, and timing) before one can state an individual has it.
- -Activities of daily living (ADLs) independent
- -Chronic condition with self-care management
- -Self-reported outcome as this leads to biasness and inaccurate findings or results during follow up of study.
- -Mental issue with cognitive impairment
- -Self-care deficit such as bedbound, as they are unable to care for themselves.
Randomisation of Study Participants
Randomisation of study participants into two groups of intervention or control respectively. Using blocked randomisation method. However, the limitation of study is study participants are not blinded. They will be aware of which group they will be allocated into either intervention or control group.
Sample Size Calculation
Based on primary outcome which is the Sleep quality scale (SQS) that will determine the sample size.
Sample size calculation formulae. To support with citation.
Statistical Analysis Plan
Primary outcome is quality of sleep: Use Student t-test, proceed to multi variate Linear regression using Sleep quality scale (SQS) instrument to further discuss on SQS. State the 28 items and 6 factors of Sleep quality scale (SQS). To support with citations.
Secondary outcome is reducing fall: Use Poisson regression as it enables the researchers to count the number of fall event to obtain a credible data or data precision throughout the aromatherapy study period. To support with citations.
2 geriatric research nurses involve in recruiting study participants.
The research nurse will screen for patients at polyclinic via patient medical record system for potential eligible study participants. For instance, to rule out patients past medical history whom are older adults prescribed with ongoing sleep medicines and above inclusion criteria set.
Subsequently, the research nurse will provide guided inform consent (appendix informed consent sample) for potential study participants explaining the risk and benefit of the study, it’s a non-invasive treatment, duration of study, ability to withdraw from study, information is kept confidential and etc.
You do not need to devise an actual consent form for inclusion in an appendix. You do, however, need to discuss the issue and process of consent, as part of your ethical considerations and as appropriate to your proposal. It means that you need to consider what is informed consent, why is it necessary, what you would include within the consent process and why. All supporting with citations.
Adopting a paper, the recommended duration from what time to time application of aromatherapy, distance of placing the aromatherapy, quantity of the aromatherapy to instil and so on so forth.
The trial administration of aromatherapy will be taught by the geriatric research nurse and study participants will be given a booklet or leaflet (appendix sample) regarding the trial administration of aromatherapy for further information to bring home.
Chapter 3 – Conclusion of whole thesis (Approximately 500 words)
Your dissertation should conclude with a short chapter that makes clear your conclusions and key messages from your thesis including any perceived challenges. You will find your section summaries useful for this. This section should not include any new literature not previously discussed in the main body.
The APA system is the chosen method of referencing.
We need 3 things from you.
1. Chapter 2 to be written up
3. Content page