As an HCM professional, you have been asked to serve on your hospital’s newly-created Infection Prevention Committee. The purpose of this committee is to prevent, manage, and track hospital-acquired infections (HAIs). The committee’s first meeting is next week, and you must prepare an introductory presentation for the committee members.
Evaluation Title: Hospital Acquired Infections Presentation
Research Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI) data for your state from the CDC website. (Links to an external site.)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2016). State-based HAI prevention (Links to an external site.) [Website].
Research infection prevention committees in hospitals nationwide.
- Identify 3 elements of a successful infection prevention committee.
Compare the data discovered to a set of fictional HAI data for your hospital.
- Create the fictional data for your hospital and choose which infections to present to the committee.
Create a PowerPoint presentation to deliver to the Infection Prevention Committee that includes the following:
- An introduction that includes who you are and how your HCM experience will contribute to your role on the committee.
- The comparison of state data to the hospital’s data along with an explanation.
- An explanation of the 3 performance goals of the committee (adapted from those gathered through research).
- A minimum of three references on a closing slide.