Capital budgeting (aka capital expenditure or just CAPEX) is significant in the healthcare industry when considering the volatility of reimbursements and the vast amount of property, physical plant, and equipment required to provide high-quality health care. Thus, the ability to accurately evaluate the potential financial returns to the organization for any investment is a fundamental skill for healthcare leaders at all levels. It is also critically important to be able to understand the methods through which prospective projects can be evaluated for the risk of potential deviation from the originally formed plan.
For this discussion, do the following:
- Locate at least one online resource (a link, article, or book, for example) pertaining to capital budgeting and/or risk analysis in the capital budgeting process either within a broad industry context or within the healthcare field.
- In your discussion, examine the content and then share the resource (post your resource and use APA style). Summarize the resource(s) and what you find useful about it.
Please follow all requirements and answer each question.
- Include introduction and conclusion.
- Please use Peer Reviewed Articles
- APA format is required and each reference must be cited in the paper.
- Use headings to organize the content in your work.
- Please no plagiarism and sources should be 5 years or less.