Define a Case Study
Define a Case Study
In this assignment, you will create a case study for use throughout this course. The case study should relate to the field of human services. It could be a case that you have come across in your organization or community, or it could be a case that you have heard about in the news. This is the first step in the development of the final course project. You will build on this initial work during Unit 5 and 7 of this course. The assignment should include the following sections:
- Background: This section of the paper should present a description of the case study and its historical background.
- Problems and Needs: This part of the paper should highlight the problems and needs of individuals described in the case study. These problems should be those that are typically addressed by human service professionals. You should also include demographic information about the individuals in the case study and their community.
- Data Collection: The following questions should be addressed in this section of the paper: what is your plan to support and frame your case study within the context of literature; how will you go about developing a research plan?
- Sources: Identify 3–4 sources (peer-reviewed journal articles) that you will use to support your case study.
- Ethics: The case study developed should include typical ethical challenges and dilemmas that are faced by human service professionals.
You should use the databases in the Capella Library to review and select sources to use in the case study. The Neukrug textbook should be consulted for guidance related to the scope of human service and ethical issues.
Refer to the APA Style and Format link in the Resources for guidance on formatting all assignments in this course.
- Font: 12-point Times or Times New Roman, double-spaced.
- Writing: Writing should be clear, organized, and free of errors; it should also follow professional standards.
- Research: Use at least four academic sources; at least two of those sources should not be course materials.
- Length: Your paper should be 2–3 pages, not including the cover page or reference page.
- Format: Follow current APA style and formatting guidelines.