- Develop a pamphlet to inform parents and caregivers about environmental factors that can affect the health of infants.
- Use the “Pamphlet Template” document to help you create your pamphlet. Include the following:
- Select an environmental factor that poses a threat to the health or safety of infants.
- Explain how the environmental factor you selected can potentially affect the health or safety of infants.
- Offer recommendations on accident prevention and safety promotion as they relate to the selected environmental factor and the health or safety of infants.
- Offer examples, interventions, and suggestions from evidence-based research. A minimum of three scholarly resources are required.
- Provide readers with two community resources, a national resource, and a Web-based resource. Include a brief description and contact information for each resource.
- In developing your pamphlet, take into consideration the healthcare literacy level of your target audience.
Part II: Pamphlet Sharing Experience
- Share the pamphlet you have developed with a parent of an infant child. The parent may be a person from your neighborhood, a parent of an infant from a child-care center in your community, or a parent from another organization, such as a church group with which you have an affiliation.
- Provide a written summary of the teaching / learning interaction. Include in your summary:
- Demographical information of the parent and child (age, gender, ethnicity, educational level).
- Description of parent response to teaching.
- Assessment of parent understanding.
- Your impressions of the experience; what went well, what can be improved.