Use the Surgeon General’s Family History Tool (http://www.hhs.gov/familyhistory/portrait/index.html) to document your own family history.
Designate a proband for the pedigree with a disease or condition of interest. (Which is both maternal and paternal grandfathers have history of hypertension. my mother has hypertension, and I will be at the risk of getting hypertension. A proband for the pedigree will be maternal grandfather, and condition of a disease will be hypertension.)
Write a 750-1,000 word summary of your findings. Include the following information:
- An Introduction.(Focus on taking a family history is an important step in determining current and future health needs and education. We encourages people to use Family History tools to talk about and write down health issues that seem to run in the family, bringing a larger focus on this important issue to detect disease early for health promotion and disease prevention.)
- Discussion of the heredity patterns discovered. (focus on hypertension that runs in the family)
- Evaluate the risk of transmission to other/new family members. (focus on the risks of being passed on to my children-the next generation)
- Propose the feasibility of using this tool in your own practice. (how simple and convenient to use Surgeon General’s Family history Tool.)
- Use APA with in-text citation and reference.