focus on apparently healthy adults and examine general principles of exercise prescription. This will provide you with a strong basis prior to examining populations with chronic disease and health conditions in your final week.
After studying Chapter 7 of your course text and the required resources, address the following elements:
- Analyze the purpose and principles of exercise prescription.
- Compare and contrast the FITT principles with the FITT-VP principles. Why were adjustments made and how will they be beneficial to exercise professionals and clients?
- Assess factors that must be considered when designing exercise prescriptions to individuals.
- Select two of these identified factors and explain why they must be considered. Examine potential effects, if such considerations are neglected.
- Appraise the components of an exercise training session (Box 7.1) and each component’s physiological benefit to the exerciser.
Support your work with your course text and at least one additional scholarly source.