Assignment: Evaluation Plan
This is one of my questions and is a question for PROCESS EVALUATION: Did the program education materials on the benefits of physical activities distributed as planned among African-Americans with coronary heart disease?
MY PROGRAM: CORONARY HEART DISEASE PREVENTION IN AFRICAN AMERICAN POPULATION
Once the program has been designed, it is time to consider how the program will be evaluated. To design an evaluation, you must identify a specific evaluation question and determine the best way to answer it. The evaluation design and methods should be aligned to allow for the collection of data that will answer the specific evaluation question being posed. Poorly designed evaluations lead to wasted time and effort, as well as data that are not useful for program improvement.
For this Assignment, you are developing an Evaluation Plan for the program you proposed in Module 4. Module 5 covered the steps for designing a program evaluation. Select one of the evaluation questions you developed in Module 5 and design a 6- to 8-page Evaluation Plan that meets the following criteria:
- State the evaluation question you are evaluating, and explain why it is important.
- Discuss which evaluation design you use and why.
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the design used. Identify any threats to measurement reliability and validity that you might encounter when collecting data, and discuss what you would do to reduce these threats.
- Describe the methods you would use to collect data to answer the evaluation question.
- Describe any modifications needed to an existing instrument, an instrument that would need to be developed, and/or existing records to access and provide your rationale.
- Summarize the ways in which your evaluation results might be used to improve the program’s quality, utility, and impact on the priority populations, and provide an explanation for why you think the results might be used in these ways.
Support your work with specific citations from this module’s Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources as appropriate. Refer to the Essential Guide to APA Style for Walden Students to ensure that your in-text citations and reference list are correct.