Human Body Written Assignment, biology homework help
Coronary artery disease is a common type of heart disease and the leading cause of death among both men and women in the United States. In this assignment, you will explore this disease in more detail using the scenario below.
One of your aging relatives is sedentary and smokes cigarettes. Out of concern for his health, you decide to research more about this disease.
To complete this assignment, do the following:
- Research this disease using the 2 sources I have provided in the uploads below.
- In a minimum of 2 pages (not counting the references page), address the following:
- Explain how coronary artery disease develops in the human body.
- Describe the ways that your relative can prevent the onset of this disease.
- Explain what treatment options exist if steps to prevent the disease fail.
- Include a references page at the end of your document, formatted using the APA guidelines, that lists your research sources.
Milto, Lori De, and Teresa G. Odle. “Coronary Artery Disease.” The Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine, edited by Laurie J. Fundukian, 4th ed., vol. 2, Gale, 2011, pp. 1178-1184. Gale Virtual Reference Library, go.galegroup.com.ezproxy.rasmussen.edu/ps/i.do?p=GVRL&sw=w&u=mnarasmuss&v=2.1&it=r&id=GALE%7CCX1919600461&asid=d72b564d990e6c178e7517ea88989a55. Accessed 25 July 2017.
Farquhar, John W. “Coronary Artery Disease.” Encyclopedia of Public Health, edited by Lester Breslow, vol. 1, Macmillan Reference USA, 2002, pp. 281-284. Gale Virtual Reference Library, go.galegroup.com.ezproxy.rasmussen.edu/ps/i.do?p=GVRL&sw=w&u=mnarasmuss&v=2.1&it=r&id=GALE%7CCX3404000228&asid=dc8136b533aaf16032cf6aec5731b5aa. Accessed 25 July 2017.