The U.S. Healthcare System: Analysis of a Healthcare Sector
Your portfolio assignment focuses on a specific sector of healthcare and its relation to the current U.S. healthcare system. Choose one of the healthcare sectors listed below for your portfolio assignment:
- Long-term Care
- Mental and Behavioral Health
- Ambulatory Care
- For-Profit/Public Health Care.
Write a ten to twelve page paper where you address the following:
- Describe of the sector’s historical development and current role in healthcare delivery.
- Explain how the political influence in the U.S. healthcare system impacts how this sector provides healthcare to specific communities.
- Evaluate how quality, safety, and competition within this healthcare sector impact patient care.
- Examine what major challenges exist for this sector for the system over the next decade from healthcare reform and other factors. Discuss a minimum of three challenges and offer your recommendations on how healthcare leaders and administrators can manage them.
- Provide a conclusion summary of your findings and of the project experience.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be ten to twelve pages in length, not including the cover or reference pages
- Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements
- Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of eight scholarly references – four of these references must be from outside sources and four may be from course readings, lectures, and textbooks. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these references.
Utilize the following headings to organize the content in your work.
- Historical Development and Current Role in Healthcare Delivery
- Political Influence
- Quality, Safety, and Competition
- Future Challenges and Issues