Controversial Treatments and Legislative Change: Topic Medical Marijuana use for treatment
Course Outcomes addressed in this assignment
The group will choose a health care treatment option that is controversial and maybe costly. Describe the positive and negative benefits from the treatment, evidence of effectiveness, and the potential harm of a different treatment option. What strategies would you use to advocate for a legislative change in your state to influence insurance coverage for this treatment.
- Choose a controversial health care treatment option. Describe the treatment.
- Describe the social and legal controversy associated with your controversial treatment.
- Describe the evidence that supports the effectiveness of the controversial treatment.
- Describe the evidence that does not support the effectiveness of the controversial treatment.
- Compare and contrast the positive and negative benefits or harm of the controversial treatment.
- Compare and contrast positive and negative aspects of available traditional treatments.
- Compare and contrast the costs of the controversial treatment with the costs associated with traditional treatments
- Describe the required process for legislative change to occur in your state.
- Describe a strategies that you would you use at the local and state level to advocate for a legislative change in your state that would influence insurance coverage for this treatment.
- Provide an estimated timeline for your legislative change to occur. Use the steps describe in required process for legislative change for your state.
- 15 pages , APA 6TH edition
- This is a fact-based Assignment that will not include your opinion.
- This will require research and support for what is written.
- The Assignment should be in your words after reading the scholarly and fact-based publications and have proper citations. There should be no quotations. The professor wants to hear your voice as a trained nurse.
- The paper should have a minimum of seven citations and some of these should be case law or applicable statutes.