MN501 Purdue University Marketing plan for a Family Nurse Practitioner
Advanced practice nurses must be prepared to market themselves to others so that the key characteristics and contributions of their expertise and the role are recognized. The purpose of this assignment is to develop a marketing plan for an advanced practice nurse. As you prepare this marketing plan, develop present it as if you were explaining the advanced practice role to a potential employer or the public who may be unfamiliar with the role. This assignment may be submitted as a brochure or flyer and may use bullet points to present information instead of a narrative format.
- Choose the advanced practice role that you are being prepared for (NP, Executive Leader, or Nurse Educator) and briefly describe the role including the history of the role, education and certification, and major functions of this role.
- Identify and describe an institution or practice that may employ the role described. Include information such as the size of the institution and if there are any other advanced practice nurses working at the institution or practice site.
- Review the literature in the library on role development and marketing strategies. You will need to look at the literature beyond nursing. Provide a written review of literature about marketing advanced nursing roles. Make sure you include articles about the use of social media and the internet. Your written review of the literature should include at least three references.
- Discuss at least four of the Central and Core Competencies (Direct Clinical Practice, Guidance and Coaching, Consultation, Evidence-based Practice, Leadership, Collaboration, Ethical Decision Making) described in Hamric’s Integrative Model of Advanced Practice Nursing and how these competencies can influence advanced nursing practice.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th Edition format.