This assessment requires you address the following topics:
- Define the seven principles of patient- clinician communication
- Explain how you apply three of the seven principles to your interactions with your own patients
- Describe the three methods being used to improve interdisciplinary communication
- Choose the one that you think applies best to your own area of practice, or the one that your area of practice currently uses, and clearly describe how you use it.
- Explain the ethical principles that can be applied to issues in patient-clinician communication
- Explain the importance of ethics in communication and how patient safety is influenced by good or bad team communication