Nursing Benchmark Assignment
This assignment has 3 parts which are all interlinked. This is an individual assignment. Based on the feedback offered by the provider, identify the best approach for teaching. Prepare a presentation to accompany the teaching plan and present the information to your community. Select one of the following options for delivery of the presentation: (MAKE UP PROVIDER INFO AND CHOOSE COMMUNITY SETTING OF YOUR CHOICE)
- PowerPoint presentation – no more than 30 minutes OR
- Pamphlet presentation – 1 to 2 pages Appropriate community settings include:
- Public health clinic
- Community health center
- Long-term care facility
- Transitional care facility
- Home health center
- University/School health center
- Church community
- Adult/Child care center
include the “Community Teaching Experience Form” as part of your assignment (SO FOR THIS PART CREATE A POWERPOINT OR PAMPHLET) SECOND PART OF ASSIGNMENT –This is an individual assignment. Applying what you have learned thus far, develop a community teaching proposal designed to address the needs of your community. (Makeup provider information as needed.)
Select one of the following as the focus for the teaching plan:
- Primary Prevention/Health Promotion
- Secondary Prevention/Screenings for a Vulnerable Population
- Environmental Issues
Complete the “Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal.”(ATTACHED) This will help you organize your plan and create an outline for the written assignment.
- After completing the teaching proposal, review the teaching plan with a community health and public health provider in your local community.
- Request feedback (strengths and opportunities for improvement) from the provider.
- Complete the “Community Teaching Experience” form.(ATTACHED) (SO FOR THIS PART YOU FILL OUT THE ATTACHED 2 FORMS) FINAL PART OF ASSIGNMENT – In 1,500-2,000 words, describe the teaching experience and discuss your observations. The written portion of this assignment should include:
- Summary of teaching plan
- Epidemiological rationale for topic
- Evaluation of teaching experience
- Community response to teaching
- Areas of strengths and areas of improvement
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required. (SO THIS PART IS THE ESSAY).