Positive Leadership Behavior
This course has major project assignments that will be due in Weeks 3 and 5. It will take more than a week’s effort to adequately complete them. Plan time to start the research and other work for those assignments earlier than the week in which they are due. Choose a well-known leader who is considered an exemplar of good leadership or among the most admired in the country. You may use the same leader that you are using in your major project or you may choose a different leader. Conduct research to find out how the leader’s company inspires the workers and managers to emulate the positive attributes reported in the leader’s profile. If possible, call the corporate headquarters of the leader’s company and ask how the company develops leadership skills among its high potential managers.In a three- to four-page paper, address the following:
- Briefly discuss the leader, explain what organization the leader works for and what position within that organization the leader holds, and provide a brief biography of your chosen leader.
- What are this leader’s positive attributes? What makes him or her the exemplar of ethical leadership?
- How does this leader model positive, ethical leadership behavior for others?
- Based on what you’ve learned about the leader, how would you model positive, ethical leadership behavior for others as a leader?
- How does modeling positive, ethical leadership behavior allow leaders in general to set the standards of the organization?
- Based on the reading and research you have done, what do you believe are the three most important qualities a leader who models positive, ethical leadership behavior must possess? Why?
Submissions Detail :
- Submit your answers in a three- to four-page Microsoft Word document.
- Name your document: SU_LEA5125_W2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
- Use APA format for your document.