This is the orientation The first part I have to do it because I have to record the video I attach you the rough draft yo do it for me Is about Communicable Diseases ,you already choose the article. Signature Assignment to be conducted as an oral report in week 8 of the term, by students as individuals or as small groups of two(2). (FOR ONLINE COURSES, SUBMIT A VIDEO.) Make an oral presentation/review of an elected journal article written within the past 10 years selected from an EPIDEMIOLOGY-related journal (e.g., American Journal of Epidemiology).
- This assignment is a critique of your selected article, and it is an oral presentation that you record as a video file and upload to Blackboard using the Kaltura Mashup tool – Upload a Video using Kaltura. Additional instructions located in the “Getting started with Kaltura” navigation menu
- When submitting your video, also attach a copy of your article or include its URL in the submission note (Everyone should make a submission note). I must be able to clearly hear and see you.
- Why did the scientists perform the study (i.e., brief description of background)? Specify any possible connection between the exposure and the disease.
- What was the hypothesis (or hypotheses) under investigation?
- What were the major techniques used in the study?
- What were the major results, did they support or negate the hypothesis, and do they point to further/future studies?
- Why did you choose this particular article to review? Was it interesting, informative, clearly written, or none of the above? All credit will be given for your honest opinions.
The peer review should also include the following components:
- A synopsis of the article (Introduction/Methods/Results/Discussion)
- A discussion of the article’s strengths and limitations
- The article’s public health implications.