It is important to be able to read case law and/or federal and state regulations. Read the case of Simkins v. Moses H. Cone Mem. Hosp. 323 F.2d 959 (4th Cir. 1963) and the opinion of Sobeloff, Chief Judge. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1448322/
The case is a good example of how federal laws came into play in the affairs of state action.
- At what level of the judicial court system did this legal opinion occur?
- What was the opinion of the lower court that was finally overturned in Simkins?
- Explain at least one the federal laws that was highlighted in Simkins v. Moses H. Cone .
- How did the federal law play a role in deciding this case?
- Identify and discuss the Constitutional amendments and issues in the case.
- Explain why the case was limited in its reach.
- Identify the federal official and agency that finally extended the cases’ ruling and how the cases’ outcome spread across the Nation.
- Read the blog “Basic Health Access”; Is the Institutes of Medicine Waking Up? (February 22, 2013) http://basichealthaccess.blogspot.com/ Discuss why you think that Simkins v. Moses H. Cone Mem. Hospital makes or fails to make a big difference in decreasing health inequities?
Read the articles on Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Risk Management in Project Networks and answer the following:
- Explain how enterprise risk management is or is not different from basic risk management.
- Give one example of each and how to negate the risk.
- Limit your responses to a maximum of 4 pages for Part I and 2 pages for Part II, not including title and reference list pages.
- Be sure to utilize at least 3-4 scholarly references to support your discussions.
- Be sure to properly cite your references within the text of your assignment and list them at the end.