- The supplies function may take the form of goods coming from external sources into the organization and dispatching them to the users in the organization. It may also be the activity of dispatching goods from the stores after relevant requisitions have been made to the stores by the users and finally it also includes the dispatch of goods to buyers outside the organization.
- What is involved in receiving goods from external sources and their deliverance to internal users.
- Describe the dispatch documents used to dispatch goods to the following
- Internal users.
- Buyers of company products.
- Planning and control of materials helps an organization to ensure that materials are available when required by the users and are of right type, right quality/price and right quantity. Describe problems that one may face when involved in planning and control of materials.
- To get better results from suppliers, an organization should think of developing its suppliers. What is involved in supplier development?