Week 1 Journal Guidelines and Rubric
To provide updates on your Course Project progress and receive individualized feedback from your instructor.
The journals enable the student to meet the following Course Outcomes (COs):
- CO1: Identify the role of the BSN nurse in the quality improvement process as a member of the collaborative interprofessional team. (POs 2 and 7)
- CO2: Discuss effective processes and strategies to improve quality in nursing. (POs 2 and 8)
Requirements and Guidelines
- You will submit one journal entry (due Wednesday of Week 1 by 11:59 p.m. MT) to help you think through Milestone 1 and your topic.
- Download the required Week 1 Journal Template (Links to an external site.).
- Save it to your computer in Microsoft Word 2013 (or later) as a .docx file with the file name: Your Last Name NR392 W1 Journal.docx.
- Carefully review the grading rubric criteria for Week 1 Journal and type directly in your saved Week 1 Journal Template.
- Your instructor will provide a score and feedback by Friday of Week 1 by 11:59 p.m. MT. You must read that feedback, and use it to produce a great Milestone 1.
- Instructions for the Week 1 Journal:
- Select a nursing care issue for the Course Project (not workforce issues such as staffing) that could be impacted by improved quality.
- Identify the issue, state the desired outcome, and ask at least one question of your instructor that could help you do your best on Milestone 1.
- Return to the Grades area to read the instructor’s response Saturday or Sunday of Week 1 prior to submitting your Milestone 1.