Your textbook identifies key areas in executing purchases, and your PMBOK Guide reading for the week discusses strategies for overall project risk. Address the following in this discussion:
- Identify a project of interest to you. Discuss the key areas involved in executing purchases and explain why some of these areas pose a negative risk to the project.
- Which risk treatment strategies would you recommend to the project sponsor or the project team for implementation?
- Provide examples, citing different examples than those provided in your textbooks, in your lecture material, and by your classmates.
- Support your positions with at least one current (no older than five years) scholarly source, beyond the course materials and textbooks. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find sources. Make sure to cite your sources following the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA. (Links to an external site.)
- Respond to at least two of your peers with substantive insights and information.